Scanner and computer won't communicate?????

I

imported_idua

Hi
Sorry. my english is not too good. I'll try the best i can. Hope you guys understand my bad english.
I forgot to turn my lights off on my 99 a4 1.8tq and the battery dead. when i try to jumpstart the car i accidentally connect the jump cable the wrong way for couple seconds, saw a little smoke at the battery terminal. finaly got my car start. The ABS light came on, i check all the fuses and replace the abs fuse, the abs light is gone now, but the engine light came on. I drove about 20miles to get a scanner, when i get there, the engine light is gone "i don't know that's good or bad"? I connected the scanner to the car and the damn thing just won't communicate.
also the radio doesn't work, when i turn on the head lights the radio lights supposed to be on, but no lights at all on the radio part. Any suggestion will be great!!
Thanks!!!!!!!!

Joe

Normally there is a fuse on the back of the radio - try taking your radio out anc checking to see if there is one.

Seems like you shorted a few fuses that need to be replaced now.

As for the scanner - what do you mean??

Thanks!!! I'll check the back of the radio.
scanner - my engine light was on for a while, i was trying to find what the code was, but the engine light is gone now, but when i connect a scanner to the car it won't communicate with the scanner.
Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joe

Sorry. guys
Scan tool is what i'm trying to say.
Thanks!

Joe