Airbag Warning Light

I

imported_ZeroK66

hello all,

Last night, I had a few people pile into the car - moved seats forward to accomadate the people in the back, went to drive off and noticed the airbag light come on and it has stayed on since.

Any advice here?

Yup. Happened to mine a few months ago. My local independent tested it, came back with an intermittent high resistance fault code. They re set it, it's been fine ever since. cost £20

i had this too, they reset it, it came back on, had to be replaced by the stealer, luckily it was under warranty, then it came back on again same seat airbag, had it reset been fine eversinse, wish i could say the same about the sunroof..

you will only have done this if you have seat side airbags (which are an option I think on all except for the S4).

There is a common problem with the airbag 'slipring' on the steering colums on B5 A4's which was covered on my old '97 under warranty..

You will need to get the light re set with vag com and the fault registered may well be the slipring.

Mmm... so a stealer it is then. Next time I need to send the car in for suminc I will get it done then - no point in sending it in just for that.

Thanks for all your posts guys!

[ QUOTE ]
ZeroK66 said:
Mmm... so a stealer it is then. Next time I need to send the car in for suminc I will get it done then - no point in sending it in just for that.

Thanks for all your posts guys!

[/ QUOTE ]

Whilst the Airbag light is on, NONE of the airbags in the car WORK!... this may void your car insurance in the event of an accident... BEWARE...

Honestly?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My driver's side airbag is knackered so light is on. so that means no other airbag will work!!! scary!!!

Anyone know how much to repair? Audi or independant