New toys for my toy!!

AudiMaz

Reaction score
Well, just playing catch up on the forum as i've been down south for a few days.

Had a couple of new toys added. First one is the Hotchkis ARBs extreme have now been added and what a difference to the drive thats made. Soooo much flatter round corners, even i'm suprised.

Second one is i've had the water/methanol injection added. Wow i highly recommend people to do it. Car runs really beautifully when its on full boost, well impressed and glad i had it done. Yippeeeeeee!!!

So impressed i was with the run home that i peed all over a porker boxter S that was trying to show off, watching him go backwards was well funny lol. Also played with a RS4 B7 that was giving it the full beans, poor thing was no match either. Speed was between 60 and 130ish (private roads of course and also in kph... mmm honest). Really good fun!!!

Also had the full cam belt change and full service bar the air filter and pollen filter which were done not long ago.

Well happy. :icon_thumright:

What is your car? K04'd S4? RS4?

I'm not convinced on water injection, seems like a bit of a bodge to me, if the car didnt run right without it then your timing, fuelling or boost isnt right, or you have insufficient intercooling.

aragorn - Its a K04'd S4. I've always mmm'd and rrrr'd over this dilema as to whether the water/meth injection works or not, but now that i've had it done all i can say is that it definately helps. As the people who know me and my toy they know that it always runs right (touch wood) or else i don't come to the meets until it does. It ran very well before as it was rolling roaded before and after and showed no signs of anything wrong. Infact the rolling road showed (within .1/.2 of the hp and within a couple of degrees of the days temp) exactly the same figures as it did over 2 and half years ago when it was last put on the dyno. Though i've not had it tuned for big hp (thats for the future once things have settled a bit at home) there is definately some more umph right from the word go. This is just my experience so can't talk about others cars who have had it done.

Water/methanol injection does work. I ran it for ages on my track car. When I fitted a much larger intercooler it became redundant as the ACT's were kept right down without it