ok, so it looks like my rattly S4 manifold issue means the old girls heart has to come out again...
I've kinda resigned myself to the task of taking the engine out and am now thinking that, if it has to come out, it would be nice to have something more than just the rattles fixed when it goes back in again..!
Currently its bog standard, with an MRC custom remap, putting out approx 290bhp (reckoned at 300bhp by MRC when tuned) at the last rolling road session (though I think its now higher as I had some boost leak issues that are now also resolved). Its done 86k and has new turbos as of last year. Its also got a new uprated (RS4?) clutch, non DualMass flywheel and had cambelt and other ancillaries replaced. It runs nice. but is a tad tame now. Its in good very clean condition.
So... what can I do do it with the following objectives and points in mind:
1. It needs to remain driveable, reliable and serviceable
2. I dont have a huge budget but can find Ł2-3k
3. I dont want to massively stress the drivetrain, and dont want it to look non-standard from outside.
4. I want to be able to bolt new bits on and get the lump back in as quick as poss.
5. The exhaust is on its last legs (might make the year out, but thats about it - I've managed to drag it through 3 MOTs already!)
6. I dont mind going back to MRC to have it remapped / tuned but am 100 miles away, so need to be able to drive it there really!
I am thinking Ko4's, plus RS4 manifolds or similar, plus exhaust upgrade - can I get to 400bhp somehow here without reliability / build issues and it be immediately driveable?
I am at my limit of knowledge and understanding of what can be added, so your help and advice appreciated!!
Alternatively, I could sell the car on as it is, and buy one with the mods already effected.. Would I get over Ł4k for mine do you think or should I keep spending!?
spec me up dudes!