S4 Exhaust Manifold Audi recall - anyone had it done or evidence of it?

calvin

parked up
Reaction score
Help please!

I am looking for some evidence of other S4's that have had this recall effected on their car - has anyone had done, or got evidence that work has been done to replace the exhaust manifolds on their S4?

I believe that this applies to pre-facelift only, but I am not 100% on this.

I am praying that mine may still be covered by the recall and want as much weight behind my claim as I can get!

Cheers in advance.

I think there is actually a recent thread on the subject over on AudiSRS at the moment.

My car is a September 98 car, one of the earliest B5 S4's. I am the 4th owner. The previous 3 owners all bought it from the same Audi Dealership where it was maintained it's whole life prior to me buying it. There was loads of paperwork with the car and tons of receipts, but absolutely no mention of it being recalled for manifolds. Given the amount of paperwork I got with mine (along with original sales brochure, original purchase order, every MOT, etc), i'm sure there would have at least been a recall letter from Audi. It's the sort of thing you'd want to keep hold of for when it came time to sell the car.

It's also quite commom for the heat shield to come loose down there and can only be removed when the engines out from what I can recall.

I know - but I've been there and had that replaced already (!) You have to remove the rear engine mount to get to it and its a fiddly ******, but it was fixed and has been triple checked.

Sadly, I think this is the ex manifolds..