Volks AutosJMB Retrofits
    1st Gear

Status

broken rear wiper

my rear wiper has just stopped and wont respond to the stalk on the seerng wheel the washer jet works any ideas on why wil it fail the mot

2. # ADS
    ADS

Petrol Head

Status
    did this one ever get solved? I've now got the same issue!!
    2001 S3 Facelift | BOSE Symphony | Cruise Control | Full leather Recaro's | Xenons | Forge chrome DV | BMC CDA cool air induction | Miltek cat back exhaust | Vagtech Stage 2 remap | EBC Ulitmax discs | Goodrich hoses | Koni adjustables | Eibach Pro Line lowering springs | Blue Haldex Quattro ECU | 18" RS4 alloys | Toyo T1-S tyres | R32 anit rolls bars | H&R rear wheel spacers |

staylowmovefast

Status
    It will not fail the MOT. You don't require a rear wiper for it to pass. It has probably seized due to a leaky washer pipe (very common). You might also find your boot lock will seize shortly too (if indeed it is a leaky pipe). I just removed mine. Couldn't be arsed with it. Removed the lock too!

pic......

IT COULD ALWAYS BE WORSE SO KEEP ON SMILING

1st Gear

Status
    did nt figure it out gonawhip it off what did u fill gap with

staylowmovefast

Status
    Thats the funny part. I used one of those pikey wheel centre stick-on things that you buy from Halfrauds. I then sprayed it black (they only come in CF effect). Ideally a rubber grommet/bung would be better, but I couldn't find one!

1st Gear

Status
    did the same on my old mk one rolf will whip it of loks so much cleaner and probably ask a boy racer to just put his finger in it when it rains as they are nobs with nowt to do cheers car looks sweet mirror image of the rear of mine just wiper still on was it eas

1st Gear

Status
    easy to remove ??????????

staylowmovefast

Status
    Yeah piece of wee!! The only bother you might have is removing the main nut that secures it on. Mine was seized so I gave it some with the WD and came back the next day to try again. SORTED! At the same time you might as well remove your boot lock and fill in the gap with Aluminum filler. Looks much nicer with no lock! Mine was buggered anyway (from the suspect leak thats all too common!).....All I did to the redundant washer pipe was tie a good knot in it, whack a few plasti-cuffs (sorry zip ties) round it for good measure and wrap it up with balck and nasty!

1st Gear

Status
    my boot opens but no key so was thinking the sme looks better smooth when iv time whiper should come off soon cheers