torqueflow exhausts birmingham.

staggspeed

staggspeed
Reaction score
Any of you guys had an exhaust made by torqueflow? Have been doing the rounds getting quotes for a stainless exhaust, and from there website there work looks good,but would like to know if anybody on here could personally recommended them.

I've seen a few cars local with their exhausts fitted and personally, not my cup of tea. Sound is very loud. but all depends on what you like.
have you tried miltek?

Milltek are a ripoff IMO.

A good exhaust place will make you a system that sounds exactly as you want it.

Best way to ensure they're upto the job, is make yourself a decent spec list before you go in, do your own research, and ask them about each item in detail. For instance you want proper mandrel bent pipes, and you might want a particular bore. The **** places will usually make excuses and say X,Y or Z is better, ie "oh you dont want a 2.5" bore, you'll lose torque, what you want for your engine is a 2.25" bore as that will maximise torque". They also tend to build the system on the car in such a way you end up with one huge long unmaintainable lump, rather than having joints in the exhaust so you can remove sections for maintenance. You need to be able to recognise the BS and lies that they might come out with. The good places will supply exactly what you want, for much less than milltek will bone you for.

Hayward and Scott FTW, superbly built systems and do exactly what they are supposed to.

http://www.haywardandscott.com/

Friend of mine has one on his new Imprezza and it really is a work of art. Know quite a few well known cars in teh Ford scene that use them as well.

Just remember to avoid PowerFlow (or PowerShonk or NoFlow as I've often heard them reffered to) ad they really do produce utter tat!

Hayward and Scott are expensive but excellent from what I can gather, I used MIJ in Walsall for my turboback exhaust and for £485 fitted, I can't complain, sounds great and not had a single problem!

i got a full 2.5 inch system from the turbo (not cat back) with a outlet on each side of my bumper on my avant 2.5tdi quattro for £390 from performance pipes and tuning in louth near lincoln :hubbahubba: