Any got this cooling part for a 1.8T

B5NUT

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Following on from this thread (http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?94503-slight-whistling-noise) I found believe I found where whistling noise coming from the engine. If this is not where the noise is coming from then it’s a fault and need to be fixed ASAP.:(

So when the engine is stopped I noticed a small amount of coolant dripping on the alternator casing, so after removing the flexible pipe I found this!
IMG_0049.jpg

I have removed the corroded section of pipe but I need to find a replacement ASAP, as there is none is stock at any of the North East Audi dealers and no luck with peterlee scrap yard. The part number is 058 121 071 A.

Capture.jpg

If anyone has one of these and is willing to post please let me know, how much you want for it including P&P. Of if anyone knows of a breaker in the North East that would have one of these then could you let me know:icon_thumright:

Last edited:
Cant your dealer order it in? I've never had any parts in stock when i've gone to the dealer for bits for my B5, but they've always managed to get the stuff in within a day or two.

Also, this pipe is on the other side of the engine from the starter motor, not really sure how it could be dripping down there, unless its leaking from the plastic bit round the back of the cylinder head?

Last edited:
The parts department said there is stock in Germany, so would be Wednesday before they could get one, I need the motor for work so would like one quicker than that.

Sorry typo on the starter motor, should have said alternator.

I would say a tentative yes.

You'll probably find its missing brackets or has differnt brackets for the fuel rail cover and throttle cable. The cable is routed differently on the later engines so it doesnt cross the oil filler, and as a result the fuel rail cover changed a bit.

I've pulled all the crappy bits of plastic off my engine anyway so it wouldnt matter much to me, but it might to you.

Well it's a back-up plan if I have no luck over the weekend.

im breaking a 96 aeb?, but it wouldnt get to you till monday, can you not bodge it somehow

Monday would be fine, I don't mind taking a day or 2 off work, but don't want to take 3 days as there could be further delays with Audi as I presume there parts are shipped by air!

How much can you do the pipe + shipping for?

i would stick that one back on, push the pipe on as close/tight as i could and clamp around the very end of the pipe, lol

Bodges R us !!

LMAO