Sizes of door speakers in a 97 a4 avant

A4Paul

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what size the door speakers are in a 97 a4 avant,as i want to upgrade mine from the standard,and can anyone recommend any?
Cheers Paul

most likely 10cm (4inch). due to lack of space behind the door card it's hard to find replacement aftermarket ones that are slim enough to fit.

I run Focal 5¼" components on an adapter ring in the front of my A4, tight fit but do work well. The quality of adapter rings seems to vary wildly as some I've seen are completely gash!

have you modified your door card in any way?

i've got a facelift A4 and it's a mission trying to find some after market speakers that will fit without modifying the door card.

Nope, the adapter mounts to the original speaker position on teh card and the new speaker screws to that. Refitting the door card can be a little awkward with bigger magnets but not too shocking.

are you looking at putting the front door speakers throught an amp? if not IMHO i wouldnt bother as when i did they sounded worse as Oranoco said some adapter rings are cr*p i bought the the Autoleads brand...
You can make up some of your own if you have the time out of MDF as AndyMac did.

Yeah,i was planning on running front and rear speakers on their own amp.I will keep a eye out for a bose system as well as thats another option

i wouldnt bother with a BOSE system, as you will have to re-wire the entire system, quite a bit of work

How about running the Bose speakers, but driving them via the aftermarket amp?

Are the speakers themselves half decent?