Badger5EM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

Noobie questions :D

Hi Folks, first post so go easy.

Just bought a '98 (B5?) 1.9tdi

1. I broke the wires on the rear passenger speaker and now when reconnected the volume is really low, do I need to replace the amp to get any decent volume back?

2. I need to be able to carry a long section of tubing but the car has no hole through to the boot, but does have what looks like a pre cut section of metal. Can I just cut that and the material from behind the armrest?

3. My keyfob only locks the door, it doesnt open it and its doing my head in. It looks like a problem with either the circuit board or the actual black housing. What parts do I need to replace them and can I just swap the cut key blade over?

4. I need a timing belt and radiator and have been quoted Ł480 all in, including new water pump and tensioners, does that sound about right?

5. Only the drivers side mirror is heated, is that normal?

6. Sorry for all the questions

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mcneep View Post
    Hi Folks, first post so go easy.

Just bought a '98 (B5?) 1.9tdi

1. I broke the wires on the rear passenger speaker and now when reconnected the volume is really low, do I need to replace the amp to get any decent volume back?

2. I need to be able to carry a long section of tubing but the car has no hole through to the boot, but does have what looks like a pre cut section of metal. Can I just cut that and the material from behind the armrest?

3. My keyfob only locks the door, it doesnt open it and its doing my head in. It looks like a problem with either the circuit board or the actual black housing. What parts do I need to replace them and can I just swap the cut key blade over?

4. I need a timing belt and radiator and have been quoted Ł480 all in, including new water pump and tensioners, does that sound about right?

5. Only the drivers side mirror is heated, is that normal?

6. Sorry for all the questions
    1. Pass.

2. Try lifting the rear bench up and follow the wires there.

3. Pass.

4. I found a receipt for Ł429 from 2 years ago when the previous owner had just the timing belt done, so yeah, sounds good to me. Although much cheaper to do yourself (less than Ł200 in parts, a day's work).

5. I believe both should be heated.

6. Sorry for being so unhelpful. :P

A4 1.8TQS

5th Gear

Status
    1. yes if youve got audi concert, try scrapyards or run new wiring direct from headunit if its aftermarket

2 if its a one off thing you could remove rear seat and punch centre section out, you be left with hole but at least you wont damage seat
    kev
    a4 stuff http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/olds_kool_gti
    99 1.8tqs black saloon
    99 1.8tqs grey avant
    90 eunos roadster