JMB RetrofitsBadger5
    1st Gear

Status

Ghost in the machine

I think I have a poltergeist in my car

When I first got the car I found that if I sat in the car without the engine running I would hear a noise from the rear of the car that sounded like either the fuel flap solenoid or the boot lock trying to close/open (this may have been happening with the engine running but I wouldn't have been able to hear it)

That issue seems to have stopped but said ghost has now moved and this morning the sun roof decided to open a couple of mm then close again

I'm a little concerned as my old ladies A2 had a habit of opening its windows when locked (not great for security)

Any ideas?

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    The sunroof switches are notoriously flakey. I had this with mine a while back. There was a write-up on Audiworld which was easy to follow and only took about 15 mins to sort. So long ago now that I can't even remember what I needed to do.

The short term option is to turn your sunroof dial a little off-centre towards the 'backwards' direction (as opposed to the 'raised' direction).
    Mo power, mo problems

Low Life

Status
    I can't help you with this, but my passenger window used to go down when I closed the car and locked it. A number of times I'd come to the car in the morning to find it was partly or all the way down.

Seems to have righted itself now though... thank God!
    NEW 6 cylinder 40mm front springs - £40

PM me for more info

6th Gear

Status
    Mo power, mo problems

Reverse Gear

Status
    I posted about the window ghost a month or so ago. I have twice come back to my car to find the passenger window fully open. Once in a busy car park!

Sort of glad to know it does happen to others as I thought I was loosing the plot. Couldn't work out how I was opening the window by locking the car.

Hasn't happened for a while now so sort of forgotten about it.