Ghost in the machine

Audijarvis

Reaction score
I think I have a poltergeist in my car

When I first got the car I found that if I sat in the car without the engine running I would hear a noise from the rear of the car that sounded like either the fuel flap solenoid or the boot lock trying to close/open (this may have been happening with the engine running but I wouldn't have been able to hear it)

That issue seems to have stopped but said ghost has now moved and this morning the sun roof decided to open a couple of mm then close again

I'm a little concerned as my old ladies A2 had a habit of opening its windows when locked (not great for security)

Any ideas?

The sunroof switches are notoriously flakey. I had this with mine a while back. There was a write-up on Audiworld which was easy to follow and only took about 15 mins to sort. So long ago now that I can't even remember what I needed to do.

The short term option is to turn your sunroof dial a little off-centre towards the 'backwards' direction (as opposed to the 'raised' direction).

I can't help you with this, but my passenger window used to go down when I closed the car and locked it. A number of times I'd come to the car in the morning to find it was partly or all the way down.

Seems to have righted itself now though... thank God!

I posted about the window ghost a month or so ago. I have twice come back to my car to find the passenger window fully open. Once in a busy car park!

Sort of glad to know it does happen to others as I thought I was loosing the plot. Couldn't work out how I was opening the window by locking the car.

Hasn't happened for a while now so sort of forgotten about it.