who fancies this as a project?

i'd be breaking it tbh.

Its impressive how intelligent the airbag controller is though, only firing the side impact airbag on the one side of the car!

Its a can of worms imo.

Its been hit hard enough to fire the side airbag, so its clearly not a little dink. Its also been hit in such a way that the wheel has taken the brunt of the impact, so i would suggest that the rear suspension/subframe etc is a write off. You could put a new quarter on it, but its a performance car, i wouldnt want to be driving a car like that knowing the suspensions taken that kinda impact, and by the time you've sourced a new rear subframe, shafts, uprights, wishbones etc etc your going to be out a lot of cash, and thats assume the shell is streight.

it's a real state. Might be worth it for the engine/gearbox/other goodies alone though.

id buy iy only to break it. few things are more fun than stripping a car!

from bitter experience there are waaaaay too many things that could be shagged on teh rear suspension to justify the potential cost of rebuilding it.
I have a spare subframe that I managed to source but it is serious ball ache to fit without complete removal or replacement of the brakelines and then you have no guarantee that it is the mounting points themselves that have been moved!

If it was closer to me i would seriously considder buying it to swap the engine etc over to my quattro sport then sell the bits i dont need. Just say you got it for a grand it would be worth while i would say.

yep parts only id expect also that rear wheel took most of the impact and it has a 16" sport wheel on it

Sitting very cheap, and supposedly sells at first bid over £350!!! Gotta be worth a punt then split it as said!

You'll see-it back for sale in a few weeks time "relisted due to time-waster" ! There is soo much shill bidding it makes your blood boil... I often ask the owners "how much they after ?" but i get answers like place a bid or make me an offer, etc. Shure they know how much they want or the car's worth. When i offer decent money (in my opinion) they take it as an offence... For feck sike, a car that sells for 1200 tops in good nick sels for 7-900 quid on ebay with a blown engine ?! When you consider that you need to go and see-it, tow-it home and run for spares (wich are not allways easy to get 2nd hand) then spend time to fix the car, then where is the fun in it ? Taking a biig gamble this is. By the way, i offered 1500 in the begining- depending on the condition- but i had no answer ! I did stick to my max bid yet, someone bid higher ? Mad world this is...

You'll see-it back for sale in a few weeks time "relisted due to time-waster" ! There is soo much shill bidding it makes your blood boil...

Note the zero feedback bidder who only just registered with eBay... hmmmm!!

I was bidding on it too, but in my opinion it went for quite a bit.

Went for too much i would say. I would probably be willing to go £1200 max. I mean it may have knackered turbos or anything.