suspension change

jamie226bhp

Reaction score
looking into changing the suspension on the 1.8tqs but don't want coilovers as i'll never alter them, just want some fresh springs and shocks, i remember having eibach years ago and they handled well, can anyone point me in the right direction as all the kits seem to be coilovers at about £500 and if you can find them the springs and shocks work out more expensive am i best just buying the HR springs with new standard shocks

Your talking around the £500 mark for quality springs and shocks.

Eibach springs are about 150, but the OE shocks are pretty expensive, meaning its probably cheaper to simply buy a full kit, either shocks and springs from eibach, or something like a Koni SSK or Bilstein B12 all of which come in around £500.

Personally I found the Bilstein very harsh. with large wheels it knocked out my bushes on a regular basis

it did handle well though

craigs running Bilstein B6 dampers and Eibach "pro-kit" springs, and the ride is as smooth as the factory stuff.

I had yellow dampers, was good just knocked my arms etc out.... changed to std in the end and it was ace

ONLY GOT 235/45/17 SO NOT A HUGE WHEEL AND A BIT OF TYRE WALL FOR CUSHIONING, I LIKED THE WAY THE BILSTEINS FELT ON MY OLD CAVALIER SRI