Wheel fitament???

Foxmeister

Fired Up!
Reaction score
I know its border line, but is it possible to get 9x18 wheels on the A4 Quattro??? Offset is 52 on the wheels.

Sure they'll probably need spacing, but with the 9" width is it worth the hassle??? Dont really want rubbing issues etc, car is Sport and lowered 40mm. Thanks for any info.:icon_thumright:

If you want to have them sticking out like some ripspeed chav corsa (or some "dub scene" crap) then ye, they'll go on and probably scrape over every bump.

IMO a normal bodied A4 is at its limits on 8" rims.

Yes its possible. Very possible. You are going to need them spacing (10 maybe 15 mm if that bringing the offset down to 42/37) but that aside it will be no drama!

Ollie

Aragorn, when I had my Monos I was running 20mm spacers on the rear.....And the last thing it looked like was a corsa tooled up from Halfrauds. It actually looked very good. Infact it looked so good YOU actually commented on how good my car was looking when at the time I had them on the car......And I quote.....

"Phoenix: your car looks awesome. Same look we've gone for with ours, yours just looks a bit better!"...........

That comment was made when I was running 20mm spacers front and rear! ET 25! And it did not look anything remotely like anything from the VDUB scene.

My AMGs poke out by about 2mm (8.5j rear, ET35). Wait 'til it's lowered then it'll be proper CorsaChavVeeDubScene

From Chris in deepest Essex

Aragorn- im looking for fact based opinoin on this issue, not sarcasm about how it makes my car become a chav Corsa etc etc.:rolleyes:

The wheels are infact oe AUDI wheels, does that still make it "chav" and "scene"? Everybody does things differently, some like to push boundaries or be different when modifying mate, i for one arent the type of person to play it safe and stick on some nice standard 16" wheels and then cast judgement on everybody elses choices.:no:

One thing i wont do is paint the inside of my headlights like "joey" style, to me that stinks of chav as it just looks like plenty of Corsa's, Clio's, Saxo's etc that have the dark angel eye lights whereas you did and fair play to you, but until now i never knocked that. Now lets be civil about this eh, we're supposed to be lords of the rings (terrible i know) and appreciate these cars, not everybody will like wot each of us do from time to time, but theres ways to get your opinion across without sounding like a spoiled child!!!:icon_thumright:

Its simply my opinion mate. There simply isnt enough room in the arches to fit a wheel that wide, without it sticking out. You need to space the rims out to clear the uprights, and by the time you've spaced them out enough to clear, the wheels are sticking out. If you want and like sticky-out wheels, then by all means fit them.

To me, if they're sticking out they dont fit properly. Just because the wheels are OEM doesnt make it any different, they still dont fit properly.

Ok, thats fair mate, more the answer i was looking for.

Definately dont want the wheels sticking out of the arch as previously worked in an MOT station and know that it then becomes illegal in eyes of the law, then the constant worrying everytime you go over bumps or corner hard etc. Im not interested in "tuck", "poke" etc as its not my thing, intend to use the car on track also so dont want more issues than i have to deal with. Was possibly goin for a swap with the wheels i just refurbed to get the 9's but think i'll just stick with the wheels i have.

Would love to try custom fit some wider arches to accomodate these kinda wheels, but still being redundant means i dont have the funds to play with some ideas at the moment, maybe later down the line or with the next car.:idea:

I ran 8.5's for a while (Fat5's) and the rears were run with 10mm spacers so they ended up being ET38 - the fronts ran at the standard ET48 without spacers.

I reckon you may have issues with 9's - sticking out / catching uprights / etc without some 'dub scene' stretch tyres of some type. Then again, you're probably not going to be running in 'ground hugging' mode though...

I'd be happy doing it, but I'm sure there are those on here that would run a mile from them!

Cheers Geeman

Not running to low, but dont want to be messing with spacers, tyre sizes etc, more wanting straight forward stuff. As said, if it werent for the fact im not working at the moment, i'd happily take on a challenge, but seeing as i have wheels that will bolt straight on, i'll leave this be for now.

Thanks for input lads!:icon_thumright: