a4 Insurance (US)

M10BigDaddy

Reaction score
im looking into buying a 1996-1998 A4 2.8 quattro and i am curious what most single guys pay per month in insurance. im 21 and a clean record. just curious before i go out and buy a great car and then get dissapointed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

thanks

I'm not sure how comparable Canadian and US insurance is, but I was driving a 95 Chevy Cavalier and now have a 2000 A4 1.8T, the difference in insurance is about $10 a month - which really surprised me as I expected it to be more. I'm 23 btw.

Best way to find out is call your insurance company before you start hunting for cars, and ask them for a quote.

thanks man youve been helpful... shouldnt be too much for me then im thinking

thats weird why it would be cheaper to insure in the US rather than in the UK... maybe because of the legallity of insurance in the US. i dont know about UK but in the US it is law that you have insurance on your car.

[ QUOTE ]
M10BigDaddy said:
thats weird why it would be cheaper to insure in the US rather than in the UK... maybe because of the legallity of insurance in the US. i dont know about UK but in the US it is law that you have insurance on your car.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is here, too. As far as pricing differences are concerned, you cannot really compare. There are so many variables that go into insurance pricing, such as repair costs, accident rates, driver behaviour, premium tax, etc. etc. etc. that it's impossible to compare UK & USA. After all, how about population density? Bear in mind that if you live in London, you are sharing the city's roads with about five million other road users, whereas if you live in, say, Montana for example, you are sharing a land area the size of France with about 800,000 others. Stands to reason you are going to have fewer accidents.

Don't forget "how" you are using your car, like whether you use your car commuting to work everyday or if you are a student...