newbie first question

jo

Reaction score
Hi fello audi dudes.
got a firsr question, and i have trolled the forum looking for the answer.
Got a a4 avant b5 but i want the twin exhausts (one each side).
From what i can tell the only b5 avant to have this was the s4 avant??
Its not a problem doing the exhaust system as i co own a exhaust company but i need the rear bumper
as a starting point, can any of you guys throwme in the right direction for such a either replacement no gen bumper, ive trawlled ebay for one but to no luck, unless there is a differnet one i should be looking for??
Any help would be great, cheers n beers guys :happy:

The twin S4 exhausts are the B6's , not the B5's. Not even the RS4's had a tailpipe each side of the bumper! If you co-own an exhaust company then If I were you I would buy a twin B6 item and fabricate it to fit. Shouldn't be a massive amount of work. Or just go to Powergash and get those cowboys to fabricate one for you. Ref the bumper look in the classifieds on Piston Heads, RS246, and VWaudi. Obviously you have said you have tried ebay. Someone might even have one for sale on here. Below is a pic of a B6 avant with twin one per side pipes. The only B5 avant you will ever see with the same fitted has been modified......

IMG_1060.jpg

OLLIE

ok nice one thanks for that, so a b6 avant rear bumper doesnt fit on the b5 either? just to confirm? but it could be modified to fit.
But looking at the pics its alot of work, hmmmm dam it.
As i said the exhaust aint a problem, just wanted to get the right bumper realy, just like the look of the tail pipes being on each side like the s4.
Wasnt sure if any companies made one in fibreglass, ive had a good look through the web but its all saloon bottom trims only.
Cheers for the help though

Yeah thats very nice, nice mod! Im doubt very very much a b6 bumper would fit. Anything can be made to fit with modifications, but it probably wouldnt look A1! If I were you I would stick with your bumper and go for the twin pipes.

The fuel tank would be in the way on a quattro, hence routing pipes on the offside would be tricky.

Might be room there on a FWD though.

Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but a saloon lower trim is the same as an Avant lower trim... no?

Jo... I'm only in Grimsby. Parents in Louth area though! Which exhaust company do you co-own...? Might be useful info! lol

Hi, performance pipes and tuning in louth on the fairfield ind est.
We do alot of vw transporter/camper van systems, kit cars, decats, and full stainless systems, including one off stuff like side exits and stack pipes on pick ups, silencers in stainless titanium and carbon to.Anything that needs a exhaust realy.
facebook link is here http://en-gb.facebook.com/pptuning and youtube of some of the stuff we done here http://www.youtube.com/user/performancepipes but i dont think there is any audi's on there YET LOL

The pic you have is a late S4 style rear bumper with the section on the right cut out to allow the duplex style exhaust. Im pretty sure some careful cutting will have it like that, so you can use any bumper really!

Used to have a pic on my pc of a blue avant with 2xoval exits, but thats ******, be a nightmare to try get it. See if i can find it online again thou, get it up.

Nice one, cheers for all the help n info, will have a twin system set up out the back next week :cool:

thats not a late S4 rear. The Late S4's have a much more pronounced lip, like this:
Photo020.jpg

Whereas pre-facelift is like this:

s4lowered2fc2.jpg

All they've done is cut the stock bumper though.

My appologies, thats wot i meant to say.

Point being you dont need a special bumper etc, just mod one.

i think thats what ill be on with then, mod the bumper and get the new pipes out the back.
Going to do the full system with decat also. :hubbahubba:

Last edited:
Cool, sounds interesting, get some pics of the process and finish up. Was considering two ovals each side when i first got my car, changed my mind but would be good to know for future.:icon_thumright:

What im going to do is make a set of twin pipes (one each side) and make a pattern and jig them, so if anyone wants a set i can make and send them, ive got a fair few types of tail pipe to offer.Ill get some progress done next week and see how we go.:bye:

Cool... I'll have to pop and have a look when you're done.

What im going to do is make a set of twin pipes (one each side) and make a pattern and jig them, so if anyone wants a set i can make and send them, ive got a fair few types of tail pipe to offer.Ill get some progress done next week and see how we go.:bye:

Good idea, definately keep us informed, still might be interested after seeing it done.

Rob, AKA Stapo69 had twin tail pipes on his noggy S4 saloon, and stated it was a ball ache to fit around the tank etc, but it did fit.

thats the pic i was looking for, nice one bud. think ill go for round tail pipes though, but thats the general idea of it i was looking for.
Cheers guys.

I had further pics of how its piped underneath etc if you want to see them, have to dig them up off old pc and get them up thou.

Ive had a good look today, its a defo for the twin pipes. just enough room and a nice flowing full decatted system from turbo back with a new stainless flexi to, will get pics n info up when ive done. :icon_thumright: