JMB RetrofitsBadger5
    Speed Freak

Status

Thumbs up 'FIXED' running problems need help please

sorry, all i seem to be doing is asking for help.

my car has just started playing up, if i slowly push the throttle alls good but quickly and she splutters and nearly dies she smells as though shes over fueling after pushing the throttle, idle is unsteady for a few seconds have changed the plugs but no change. example i drove from witham to chelmsford which aint far and have had it running while i check a few things and it did a 1/4 of a tank.

have checked for possible leaks but cant find any checked the pipes from the intercooler etc...

i'm at crying point please help if you can

Damo
    Last edited by Daboyracer; 30th March 2010 at 16:51.
    stage 5 turbo, large forge intercooler, remapped, DV, C/fibre bonnet, angel eye headlights, Lowered, front strut brace, colour coded interior with after market sport seats, 2.5k sound system, carbon fibre wing mirrors, full stainless magnex zorst sys 230bhp!!

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    mine did it so i took it to my garage and he cleaned the throttle out with thinners it tends 2 get clogged tr that

Speed Freak

Status
    thanks i'll try that after work tomorrow, any other ideas i could try?
    stage 5 turbo, large forge intercooler, remapped, DV, C/fibre bonnet, angel eye headlights, Lowered, front strut brace, colour coded interior with after market sport seats, 2.5k sound system, carbon fibre wing mirrors, full stainless magnex zorst sys 230bhp!!

Speed Freak

Status
    Googled the problem someone having similar issues was told about throttle body adaptation could this be my issue i haven't disconnected the battery but have had all the fuses out to check if blown if that makes any difference

6th Gear

Status
    Do you have access to vag-com? I'm sure the engine must have a few fault codes that could help you pin point the fault.

Low Life

Status
    I had this problem recently... it was all related to the MAF and its' connections.

Some of the connections were loose, and if I pushed the car from a standstill, it hated it and coughed and barked and stuttered... if I coaxed it slowly I could get it up to speed and after a few mins it was fine again. Turn the ignition off and it would start all over again.

I think I had a loose connection, coupled with incorrect wiring connections. Might be worth doing a continuity check from the ECU to your MAF and N80 valve. I remedied these two things and my A4 is back on form again!
    Last edited by Geeman; 30th March 2010 at 10:23.
    NEW 6 cylinder 40mm front springs - £40

PM me for more info

6th Gear

Status
    my car ran like that when i had it in bits and had not connected the to the inlet system properly

Speed Freak

Status
    Thanks i'll be finishing work soon so i'll be in my garage all afternoon trying all the advice you've all given me

Speed Freak

Status

Smile Thanks All

YAY! it turns out it was a split wire from the MAF, corrected it and is running much better still a little hesitant and doesn't seem as quick/pokey but i'm guessing this could be that the fault is still present on the ecu correct me if i'm wrong if not i will have to get it scanned but cheers all much appreciated.

Damo

Fired Up!
    Funky Pong Champion

Status
    Car sounds nice mate, you got any pics up of it???

Project RS28 build
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...1-Project-RS28

German cowboy walks into a car showroom and says "Audi".......

Low Life

Status
    Excellent news. Glad you got it sorted and I could have been some help to you!
    NEW 6 cylinder 40mm front springs - £40

PM me for more info

Speed Freak

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxmeister View Post
    Car sounds nice mate, you got any pics up of it???
    Not yet mate will get some on here at the weekend