1.9 TDi suspension problem

petemac

Reaction score
I have just bought an A4 1.9TDi. When I go over a bump / pot hole and the suspension expands after damping the bump, the car wobbles to the left. Like the back end wobbles to the left. I think its on passanger side, not to sure. Could this be a ******** spring, bush or shockie? Any ideas? Also one of the wheels needs balanced, not sure if this is connected.

Cheers

Hi did you get this problem sorted? seem to be having the same issue with mine of late where the back sways right - feels like I'm on a swing bike after sudden swerve or going into pot holes. definitely need to get this looked at asap - idea feedback welcomed

Many thanks

shocks can be checked by doing the bounce test. Open the boot and press down on one corner then release. If the shocks are good the car should rise, then settle immediately, if it oscillates then the shocks are worn

Could be the rear axle bushes?

Hiya - tried the shock test all seems ok so I reckon it's the arb or as you say could be bushes. will get this looked at tomorrow....aaarggg...just when I thought me and the bank manager we getting back on good terms...spent a small fortune on new injectors 6 weeks ago. got some used 130PD injectors for sale if anyone's interested - one definitely needs a service but not sure which

thanks all the same aragorn