tyre advice

I

imported_mc119856

For as long as i've owned my 1999 S4 (8 months) i've noticed that on full lock either turning left or right, the front tyres feel like they 'rumble' as if there is friction as they roll. Both tyres have worn more on the outer edges. Is this a simple tracking problem or maybe something more serious?

I'm also planning to upgrade to 18" rs6 replicas & need help in tyre choice.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Dunno the answer to your question but this old post might help you check..?

Most tyres wear because of the power steering. if the tyres are wearing evenly on both sides and the car doesn't pull to either side, it's probably that rather than any major problems with the steering or suspension geometry in my opinion.

Thanks for the advice, i think i'll start by getting the tracking done first & see if it cures the tyre rummble.

Have been looking around for best prices on rs6 replicas & have concluded that LTC are the cheapest by far. They quoted me &800 for wheels + Goodyear Eagle F1's. As some other posts have also mentioned, they will supply these alloys with 'Federal Supersteel 595' tyres for only £600. Dose anyone have any experience of these tyres, the chap at LTC speaks quite highly of them.

Not sure of the Federals Mike, but I've got Goodyear F1s on mine, and I recommend them highly. I'd guess that they're worth the extra 200 quid.

Drew.