how far can i lower my a4 avant

mercer1589

Reaction score
hello people..... how far can i lower my a4 2.6 avant??
i was told i could only lower it by 40mm on standard shocks....?
cheers:icon_thumright:

get some coilys and lower it wotever height you want mate.

would love to but on a bit of a budget??? damn wife....:no:

correct, lowering springs on standard shocks is a bad idea. you only go so far before the shock is outside of its standard travel range.
get saving...

As above, no point cutting corners, get the right kit for the job, less hassle in the long run!

:asskicking:your write guys...... any suggestion tho? spax, koni?? dont realy need coilovers do i.....

your gona pay the same sort of price for uprated shocks and springs as the coilovers, bonus with the coilys is that you can adjust as much as you like, with springs and shocks you will get one height an thats it, if you dont like it and want to go lower then youir ********. look at AP coilovers or weitec if your on a budget. good price for wit they are(made by KW)

I've got the AP coilovers on my A4 an apart from it sitting a bit too low for my liking (easily sorted when I can be bothered) I'm pleased. They are slightly harsh in use but that's kind of part of the course with them because of what they are. Fitment was pretty straight forward. Bit of a bargain imho. Still very very pleased after putting a good few miles on them

I have dropped my 2.8 V6 by 50mm front and 60mm rear. I have got the red type sport struts. Be aware, I only dropped it this much on standard struts because they are new! If you lower your car on standard struts that are shot (100k or so +) then the handling will not be great, to say the least! IMO it is not worth lowering if you are running old standard struts. My mate Mike, who has a 2.6, did exactly that on standard struts that had done 110k and the handling was absolutely dire!! I f I were you, I would cork out a couple hundred extra and get some ebay coilovers (the new sports struts I have cost the previous owner almost a grand from Audi!).....