Audi 2.5 V6 TDI has Died!! Help

cgtechuk

Reaction score
Hi All,

I was hoping that my first post wouldn't be one of distress but I am afraid it is,

I own an Audi a4 (R)1998 2.5 V6 TDI Avant Quattro, and the electrics have completley died on me,

The car just died right in the middle of driving, no lights, no hazards, nothing whole car is dead,

So Far i have

- tried another good known battery as well as tested the one int he car and they both have a very good charge,

- Checked all the fuses in the side panel of the dash board (All OK)

- Wiring is all secure on the battery and the earth connection seems ok as well,

Only thing worth noting is that recently when starting the car the dash light have flickered and the car made a clicking noise much like the battery was dying but it did finally start, and it give the odd missfire but now the car is completley dead,

The car had an alternator done recently so do you reckon a wire has perhaps fell off that or would that not prevent the car getting power?

Is there any big main master fuses I have missed anywhere that control the whole car like a main engine bay fuse or something?

HELP !!!!!!

Thanks FOr all help recieved.

Craig
aargh4.gif
aargh4.gif
aargh4.gif

Hello Craig sorry to read this!
If you put your key in the ignition and turn it on (Without attepting to start )
do you get The ignition lights?
i am only guessing here but if you get your ignition lights you might get power to
a Vag-Com or scanner to read the codes!
good luck Nev...

Will give the jump lead thing a try when i get home, Anyone know where hte master fuse is as i cant seem to find it?

There is no master/everything fuse AFAIK

There should be some large fuses for starter current etc below the normal fuse box, but you will have to drop the knee bolster to access them.