Wheel dilema

ian52

2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow
Reaction score
Basicaly i will be needing new tyres soon and my wheels could do with a refurb at the same time (standard s4 wheels). Do i get them refurbed and get tyres or just get a set of 18" rs4 reps or something like that for about £450? The car would look better with 18's on but the s4 wheels look ok i think,just a pitty there not bigger. Any opinions welcome.

Personal preforance really mate. How happy with the S4's are you? If not 100% and you can afford to go for others then i'd suggest do it, as if you dont then see other nice wheels you'll regreat not doing it when you've got the funds available at the time.

They would be spot on but i think finding a set at the right price would be the problem.

get yourself some tidy rims and refurb the S4 ones yourself for little cash. im about to refurb my S4 rims to keep my BBS CH's clean and off the car in bad weather. if i was looking for rims(which i will be soon just for another set to have) i would be looking at the RS4 DTM rims. suit the B5 to a tee

i have the S4 wheels was thinking of the same thing as you ian, however my tyres had good tread. IMHO if i was thinking of changing the rims is the weight of the alloys you dont really want 18" that are heavier than the S4 rims

I would like some bbs lm replicas but a bit out my price range. I just think 18's would fill out the arches a bit more.

if your after lightweight rims then team dynamics pro race 1.2 are kind of the thing you want. ideally a set of magnesium/carbon dymags would be best but above £4000 i think they a bit expensive lol my BBS CH's are 10.8kg on a 8.5 18" not bad for an 18 inch rim

Erm... how about some AWESOME 18" BBS RX 207's with tyres...?

They would be nice but i dont want to spend as much as that. More like £450 tops if i go for new wheels.

for that youll get some knock offs/replicas and gyppo tyres.

i went for refurbed OE wheels (fantastic looking imo) and eagle F1s. it is an S4 after all so is meant to be a performance car

Yeah thats what im looking at. Cheap replicas new or genuine rims second hand or just get the standard wheels refurbed in grey.

how about these only £299 without tyres or £460 with

!BjF2qygBGk~$(KGrHqEH-C0Es80BymBrBLSJoG2-jg~~_12.JPG

i like em where are they 4 sale at wood suit my a4 avant i hav the same dilema refurb or new i like the a4 wheels

I,ve just bought some 18" S4 Avus Alloys off a B6. Does anyone know if these require any spacers as when i put on the front wheels they are only millimeters from the wishbone.
Is this normal and is this safe? Can anyone shed any light? Thanks