Help Brake warning light

Daboyracer

Speed Freak
Reaction score
Need some advice please, i've got the red brake warning light the one with ! In the middle any ideas What could be wrong? The brakes are squeaking am going to have a look at the pads at the weekend just wondered if there was anything else i should look for. The fluid level is ok. Thanks damo

Last edited:
I think thats the fluid warning.Does it stay on or do you have the three bells when starting which is an electrical fault if the fluid is ok.

I get the 3 bells and it keeps blinking, what sort of electric problem could it be? Would it be the sensors on the pads?

Abs sensor or abs module. You will need to get it on vag-com and see what it says.

I'll be getting the lead on monday for vag-com this sounds like it could be expensive

If it is the ABS ECU (quite common) you can get it repaired which will cost around £200 from someone like BBA-Reman. There are repair services on ebay which may be cheaper. (A new one is over £1000 when I last checked)

Its not too difficult to take the ecu off yourself and send it off for repair. If you do a search on here or audiworld there are articles on how to do this.

would i not get the abs light come on as well if it was one of the above? hopefully when i plug it in i'll get to the bottom of this.