Buying A4... What year to get

Flatty

Reaction score
I currently have a huge Dodge Ram, and am planning on selling it in order to get an Audi A4. My little sister has the A4 Wagon, and I want the sedan. What year is better than others. I do not want o spend more than $20,000 on this car (would like to spend less) so I can't afford a new one.
What years have what problems?
Is the turbos more reliable than the regular aspirated quattro?
What can you guys tell me to look out for on these cars?

Thanks
Dima

I would go with a 2001 or 2001.5. Its the newest moel before they changed to the b6 body. Go with the 1.8t if your gonna go with mods. You should be able to find a nice clean one for 17-19 grandish.
AL

I would agree, 99.5 is a good year for the A4. I researched the B5 body style before I bought my 96, and the 99.5 proved to be the best bet but I just didnt have the money at the time to cover for a new car, and the insurance not mention the upkeep on an Audi(we all know here that they are the cheapest to maintain) **Sarcasm**But they are very fun to drive and to Mod. have fun with yours.

Good Luck

I think that the best thing to do is to go for a 1999.5 S4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif! Power, performance, looks, quattro, 4doors!!! It's got everything and you could find some on E-bay (in the States).

G