She's doing it again!!!!!

nemo2182

Reaction score
Afternoon,
S4 is doing this weird noise again under hard acceleration, but now it is coupled with some horrible vibration!!!!

So just to recap, noise is like a bag of nails in the exhaust, but now with the added 'ball ache' of vibration through steering, which does seem to dissappear the faster you go (from bout 40 onwards) Now she came back from MOT last weekend passing with flying colours, so I guess it cant b CV or Driveshaft related?My mechanic mate (who is currently off sunning himself somewhere hot) said it could be CAT breaking up, but emissions were all good at MOT?

Somebody Help!!!!!

Nathan

Its possible the exhaust manifolds are breaking up inside, that can rattle. The cats are also a possibility but unlikely for both to go at once. Is it pssible the vibration is engine related? and as the engine is "missing/rattling" its being felt by you through the steering

but what in the engine could do that?theres no real loss of power or chnage in fuel consumption?And the fact it comes and goes is annoying 2.....

any codes on vag com , i had bad vibrations and odd sounds when a 02 sensor went bad

vibration in the steering: have you checked whether its PAS fluid related?

i had a horrible vibration between 15-30mph, turned to be a heat sheild