Aftermarket sterio install

SteVR

Reaction score
Hi guys I am planning on fitting my becker head unit into the audi. It has the rear amped speakers but I will be replacing these with a set of infinities I have lying around. I ve read that its best to run new rear cables and not use the iso leads with the rca option. So my question is which iso lead do you guys recomend I use?? one for a non amped system then splice in the rear chanels? any help of pointers would be great

cheers

Steve

you shouldnt really need any lead?

The Audi already uses a standard ISO plug, the only oddity is the 12v ignition switched feed is missing on some cars.

I guess it might make it a bit easier to add in the rear cables if you buy some kinda lead though, but the nicest solution would be to buy some extra pins for the existing plugs and just add the wires there.

I had to completely re-wire my whole stereo system in mine... it was a right mess! It's not too hard to route new cables to the rear...

you shouldnt really need any lead?

The Audi already uses a standard ISO plug, the only oddity is the 12v ignition switched feed is missing on some cars.

I guess it might make it a bit easier to add in the rear cables if you buy some kinda lead though, but the nicest solution would be to buy some extra pins for the existing plugs and just add the wires there.

Doh me being a dime bar!! that all makes sense.
Cheers