EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    Neutral

Status

Aftermarket sterio install

Hi guys I am planning on fitting my becker head unit into the audi. It has the rear amped speakers but I will be replacing these with a set of infinities I have lying around. I ve read that its best to run new rear cables and not use the iso leads with the rca option. So my question is which iso lead do you guys recomend I use?? one for a non amped system then splice in the rear chanels? any help of pointers would be great

cheers

Steve
    MY2000 A4 1.8T APU - unknown remap, 710N, 18 RS4's, Redstuff Pads, Stewart Warner Boost Gauge.

2. # ADS
    ADS

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    you shouldnt really need any lead?

The Audi already uses a standard ISO plug, the only oddity is the 12v ignition switched feed is missing on some cars.

I guess it might make it a bit easier to add in the rear cables if you buy some kinda lead though, but the nicest solution would be to buy some extra pins for the existing plugs and just add the wires there.

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

Low Life

Status
    I had to completely re-wire my whole stereo system in mine... it was a right mess! It's not too hard to route new cables to the rear...
    NEW 6 cylinder 40mm front springs - £40

PM me for more info

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
    you shouldnt really need any lead?

The Audi already uses a standard ISO plug, the only oddity is the 12v ignition switched feed is missing on some cars.

I guess it might make it a bit easier to add in the rear cables if you buy some kinda lead though, but the nicest solution would be to buy some extra pins for the existing plugs and just add the wires there.
    Doh me being a dime bar!! that all makes sense.
    Cheers
    MY2000 A4 1.8T APU - unknown remap, 710N, 18 RS4's, Redstuff Pads, Stewart Warner Boost Gauge.