Any tips for installing a headlight adjustment motor?

voteforpedro

Reaction score
My O/S headlight adjustment motor wasn't connected to the housing/adjuster when I received my facelift headlights. I struggled to get the green stick with the ball on the end to sit in the hole in gap in the adjuster. I thought I had it but it's not levelling - although the motor whirrs when I adjust the lights so I assume it's working, just not "attached" correctly.

Any tips greatly appreciated. :)

They are a pain to do, connect the facelift motor to the wires and stick the dial to the highest setting, this should allow the max length poss to install it, its a case of getting the ball end to catch in the reflector so you can twist to motor in place, it's fiddly but doable. It may help if you also manually pull the lower edge of the reflector towards the back to allow max movement possible in fiddling

I nearly pulled my hair out with the same issue when i was doing mine, then had a moment of clarity....

I wound the horizontal manual adjustment screw (one of the white plastic ones on the top of the headlight unit) all the way over to bring the projector unit closer to the headlight adjuster. Once i'd installed the adjuster, I just wound the manual adjustment screw back to the original position.

Job done!!

Thanks for the help fellas. Will get this done on the weekend during phase 5 of fitting headlights. :p