Audi A4 Quattro 2.8i V6 5v

bhainart

Reaction score
I would like some advice regarding an engine running problem I have started noticing. When the engine is cold from start-up the car pulls normally and will accelerate with all the haste expected of a 2.8i Quattro. However, when the engine has fully warmed up after a few miles it will shudder and behave like it has lost power. The engine never stalls and will quickly get back to it's normal running state after a few seconds.

As well as the above I have noticed the smell of oil which is quite strong when the engine is hot and obviously there is a leak somewhere (possibly the head gasket?).

A local Audi/VW mechanic has suggested that it is the ignition leads (apparently a known issue with Audi/VW/Skoda) and suggested that changing them will sort the problem.

I have just had to spend over £500 within the past week replacing the ABS module and two new discs/pads etc for the MOT and I want to get any feedback from anyone who has a 2.8i and has had a similar problem before shelling out on HT leads to find that the problem has not gone away.

Any advice anyone. Thanks in advance.