Rear Door quick question

cjrob

Reaction score
I am about to replace a rear door as mine has been keyed by some local scroats!!

its is a prefacelift 1998 A4 Avant and I have seen this door on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1998-AUDI-A4-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item5ad7f485bb

now it says its a 98 but states its off a facelift and I am not sure if the pre-face lift and post have different door styles (I am thinking it may just be the bump strips)

can anybody confirm?

door is the same, trim is different, but you would strip it down anyway.
not easier just to get the keyed door painted

I was quoted £250 to get the door done, this ebay one is on £60.

you say the trim is different, just the outer door trim, how easy is that to replace?

Looks like a prefacelift door to me, the door handle( as best as i can see) is the old type and the side trim is also the narrow prefacelift one.

Should bolt straight on !

The trim will replace if necc, bolts either end ans double sided sticky stuff IIRC

also the door is off a saloon so the glass and top door frame is different to your avant, an idea ask the seller to take the glass and top frame off and get a discount on postage may be? as it will be a lighter weight

Yikes, totally forgot that it may of been off a saloon, didnt realise I could swap the top frame over either.

at £60 I recon it worth a punt at least!!

no drama not that difficult worth a try for a discount.... defo worth a punt

They have confirmed it's off an r reg with facelift rear lights so I have decided to go for it

Can't wait as the scratches on my current door were doing my head in

an idea ask the seller to take the glass and top frame off

is there a "how to" online to do this, had a quick scoot around and cant find anything, or once the door cards are off is it pretty self explanitory?

Once the card is off, it's easy to see, a few cables/wires and 4 x torx screws thingies. Watch out for the wedges dropping out, you will need them for your door, well at least 4 of them anyway