K03 Turbos Required

Kevin1975

Reaction score
Hello everyone, newbie here,

HELP!!!!

Just found out my turbos are cracked (housings)... yes both of them.

Can anyone point me in a good direction for some good K03’s, new or refurbed... I have a tight budget, and need to get my car back asap.

I have been quoted £1,500 for two new ones, is this a good price?

It’s already in bits and just needs the replacement turbos fitted.

My car... Audi S4 2.7 Bi Turbo (B5 Chassis) W reg

L
Kevin

but i will have to upgrade other parts which i can't afford... i.e. intercoolers, pipes, etc.... won't I?

Not necessarily

That ad comes with all the pipes needed, its a straight swap to K04's if i'm right?

Plus you'd only need I/C's if your upping the power.. which your kind of not, just getting K04's instead of K03's.. don't need a remap do you?

If you keep the power down then you won't need intercooler or other parts, the only thing you might need would be a remap but thats not expensive.

when you say keep the power down, are the turbos adjustable then? i don't understand... i'm trying to, sorry, that's why i'm here

The turbos are completely controlled by your car's ECU. If you were to install the K04 upgraded turbos, they will emulate your OEM K03s unless you purchase a software "re-map" for your engine. For this reason, many people who are facing a big maintenance expense like replacement turbos will install the upgraded variety and defer changed software indefinitely.

I thought as much, i just didn't want to say.

So you could upgrade the turbos and pipes (as in that Ad) and not need anyother parts, as you said your car is in bits already, i'd be inclined to just buy the K04's.

Unless you find any other K03's at a cheaper price. But really at a quoted price of £1500, that's steep..

Theres an american firm doing K04 replicas for a pretty good price. Dont have the URL to hand, think it'll be over on audisrs or somthing.