High Speed Wind Noise

Nitro

Reaction score
At high speeds there is a bit of wind noise coming from the seals around the front doors. I had a look at all the rubbers and they all look in good condition. Can the frame at the top of the door be adjusted in some more. Or is it the catch that needs to be adjusted, the thing is the doors look like they are in perfect alinement with the rest of the car. Any idea's or is it new rubbers needed.

mines the same, i think its partly the door frame/door moving/twisting and the seals going "flat"

You can adjust the frame by lowering the window and giving it a bit of a tug :p

Yeah, same here. Wind noise from the driver's door at high speed. It's just the glass pressing against old seals, flattening them out and letting air pass through the gaps as far as I can tell. My Civic used to do it too

Mines the same. Never used to do it, however I made the school boy error of pouring hot water over the windows/seals when we had all that snow a while back. It must have knackered the rubber/seals as it was always fine before!

There was a write-up on Audi-world a while back where some guy thought the wind noise was coming from the gap where the mirror meets the window. He used a small piece of plastic hose (think it was from a fish tank) and fitted this and he said it cut the wind noise right out.

I'll see if I can find the write-up.

You can adjust the door frame correctly by removing the door card. Then loosen the 4x torx bolts on the window frame, then adjust the position of the frame in the door.

When it is very bad you can adjust the striker place in the b post as well.

Hope this helps......

The wind noise issue (which I also have) is a real license saver, prevents me going north of 110mph. Never thought there might be a cure, though.... Hmm. Sounds like a project.

I like doing those.