Opinions.....

• Thread starter imported_DeanoMorph
  • Start date
I

imported_DeanoMorph

Hi there.....

First off, to who it may concern...Great Forum, I'vee been reading a lot of the threads & this place is a goldmine of info as an A4 owner. Good work folks!

I'd appreciate a few opinions from anyone who feels they can help, so here goes....

I've got a '97 90bhp A4 TDI Navy(Ming?) blue with 93K on the clock. Pic attached (I hope!)

Thing is I've had it a couple of years now without getting around to doing anything to it regarding mods apart from a set of 17" RS4's.

Now I'm ready to start work but I've just spotted a couple of other motors, A4's of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

#1 a '97 110bhp A4 TDI Silver 67k FASH

#2 a '99 110bhp A4 TDI Blue(met) 88k (facelift)

I can pick up #1 at decent money, but I'd be looking to upgrade to a facelift front end (1pc lights & bumper)

or

I can pick up #2 for another grand and save having to do that work....I prefer Silver but the met blue's nice too...#1's older but it's got less miles & a FASH.......Oh my head!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Whichever way I go ther'll still be a grand at least for mods so....

What do yas think people?

*(cherry popped!)*

hmmmm. there is prob more to it to that?!

the facelift has lots of different things - dash, clocks (inc colour), climate control is different, boot, handles, lights, bumpers, windscreen jets etc.

I would definately get one with a full audi service history up to 100k miles. Personally I prefer blue as i think silver is too common now, but silver doesn't half hide the scratches!

Does the '97 one have climate control, driver information computer and other little niceties?

You're looking at £300 at least to do lights and front bumper. also the lip of the front wings need cutting to accomodate the new lights (can't see it when headlight is in). You don't have to change the bumper to do the lights.

I'd be tempted to go for the newer one, but depends on condition and price. £1000 is after all a £1000! What's the difference after you've got the seller's down to their lowest price?

Good luck!