2.8 v6 oil leak

audi1664

Audi For Sale
Reaction score
Iv just finished doing a cambelt, water pump, thermostat, aux belt, fuel, air and oil filter on my car runs lovely back up to scratch, last issue is an oil leak, engine looks swamped with oil also stinks in car of burnt oil. I read that the v6 suffers from this, am i right in believing this is due to rocker cover gaskets? £70 for pair so need to know if this is common leak is coming from very high up the block? Any info great help?

dan:icon_thumright:

Hello mate, not been about the last week............In short, yes. When I got mine both the rocker gaskets were ****** so was the cam chain tensioner gasket (looks like a half moon, half the size of a golf ball). These failing gaskets were letting oil drip out and down onto the exhaust manifold/heat shielding and in turn making it stink of oil and look like a small fire had been lit when smoke started to pour out of the wheel arch!!!!! A quick change of these and a steam clean of the engine afterwards rectified this and enabled me to eat my scoff off of the rocker cover next time I was peckish..................If I were you I would change the lot, clean the engine and buy all the parts from the stealers. Gaskets are best left OE and not some lesser alternatives from the factors. If you have anymore dramas with your V6 I will do my best to help........

Ollie

Personally, i wouldnt be paying £70 for a gasket, unless it was gold plated and ensured i picked the right lottery numbers every week.

Go to a good independant like AllGermanParts, and you'll get OE quality gaskets for MUCH cheaper.