Flashing error code- "1n 1"

randallons

Reaction score
Website
lifeonthemoon.com
I have an 97 A4. Yesterday, I start getting this error code- "1n 1" that flashes for about 1 min. when the car first starts up. Before this messages was there I had an "Oil" flashing for about a minute when the car started. I think it flashed oil becuase I do have an oil leak, rear main seal I believe. It flashes in the spot where the trip/odometer are. I appreciate any help! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Try the following to reset the service light....

Press and hold the right button. (odometer reset)

now switch on the ignition
(oil lamp will not flash, but on at all times)

press the right button again
(insp is now displayed)

pull left button. (clock set)
(------ are now displayed)

Pull left button again

This works on my A4 tdi (110bhp) but should work on all.

Depending on what service light is being displayed, there are 3 of them, oil in1 in2, you might have to frig about with the button before it will reset.

Hope this helps.....

Jim.

look in the manual of the car. "oil" might just mean simple oil + filter change.

think "in 1" means interim service, i.e. not much.

don't just reset it and ignore it, would be the equivalent of your smoke detector going off at night, resetting it and going back to sleep!!

Lads, I only posted the information on how to reset the service indicator to give you the option to either service your car yourself or have it serviced at a non Audi garage.

Depending on how old the car is, you might not think it is worth paying the Audi servicing prices when you can do a better job yourself!