Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
    Neutral

Status

some guidance please

So another question as i have learned a lot on here in the last few days.

I have been reading about n249 valve and bypassing it but can't find any real b5 pics- some diagrams that make no sense to me- could somebody talk me through it please.

One thing is my DV vacum runs straight to the inlet already if that makes any odds- maybe it's already been done?

Is there any other secondary systems i can junk to increase performance especially around the induction side as it looks a mess with pipes and valves galore.

Apologies if this has been covered but I'm having issues with the search function

Also has anybody used a 'probable Chinese' ko4-015 from ebay? I think i have a sticking wastegate as boost is sometimes awesome and other times not much at-all, so will be looking for turbo in near future. The ebay numbers are so cheap- usually you get what you pay for though. But if anybody has run one i'd like to know how it goes and how it fitted.

Cheers all

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    n249 is only fitted to dbw cars as far as i know, theres one fitted to the apu engine but not aeb or ajl, if your dv connects straight to manifold then you havnt got one
    kev
    a4 stuff http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/olds_kool_gti
    99 1.8tqs black saloon
    99 1.8tqs grey avant
    90 eunos roadster

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    On the boost, have you checked for fault codes?

Its more likely that its an electronic fault (ie wiring or N75, or even overboosting) than a sticking wastegate imo.

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

Neutral

Status
    Hi mate, good news on n249 thing. I have no codes. I just changed to n75j and it feels just the same, no detectable boost leaks although still to change the vacuum hose on FPR, but it doesn't look all that bad really so bit stumped.