2.8 v6 fuel filter location + which air filter

audi1664

Audi For Sale
Reaction score
I have a 98 2.8 v6 quattro, today changed cambelt, water pump, thermostat, oil filter, oil, plugs ect, wanna replace the fuel filter 2moz, just after a quick heads up on where it is also wanna replace air filter any ideas on one for performance gain i know this is little gain but all the same!:icon_thumright:

Last edited:
Just changes mine on my 2.8 too. Its a quattro. Bit of an awkward ******* job, but if you have access to car ramps to get it in the air I would inagine it would be much easier! I'm sure yours is a quattro, as I'm certain Isaw it advertised/up for sale not so long ago! When I got my old filter off I had a blow through it and compared to the new one it was quite restricted!!! Make sure you replace the metal washers too!!!! And ref air filters, Byzan is absolutely right. I have a K&N in mine but there is ****** all difference from when the OE paper one was in!
Have fun!

Ollie

Your right mate is a quattro, was selling due to lack of leg room behind my seat foe my 1.5 year old son, now just drive cramped awaiting for the booster seat days lol, i have drive up ramps over pit in my garage so that no prob any chance you giving me a quick run through of what to do, do you have avant aswell?

regards dan

Jeez! Thats funny, thats the exact guide I used! Fair play!
Yeah mine is a quattro. Santorin Blue. Wasn't planning to keep her for that long, or actually do anything to her. HOWEVER, she has really grown on me. Never owned an Audi before (I always went JAP) and I am really really impressed......Apart from yours, the only time I have ever seen a white Avant is when I was in Canada in 2004. And that was an RS4 with white wheels too.

I actually read through that earlier but wasnt sure if it was 2.8, cheers mate great help!

Mines a pearl white dunno if standard, everywhere has been painted though any ideas?

Never seen another in my life!

Mate, it have had a custom paint job?? Have you rang Audi, and asked them what the original colour was?

No its def not dodgy believe, just wondering if they done a few pearl, ****** good job, done all checks on her!

It was a special order lifestyle colour. Zerok66 used to have a 2.8 saloon in pearl, now has a 500 odd BHP bright yellow S4

Would you class them as rare ??????????