Silver or carbon dash/door trim

Reaction score
I know its down to personal opinion but i cant make my mind up between the carbon trim i already have fitted or the silver trims (s4/1.8tqs)that came with my new interior.So what do you guys recon ,i know carbon fibre is carbon fibre end of ,but the silver does break up the dark gloomy interior.Which ever one i fit the other will be for sale so this could also be a deciding factor, what the carbon set worth nowadays ??

The silver trim is chocolate soft and marks dead easy and looks scruffy then. That's why I got carbon instead.

I realllllllyyyyy want the carbon fibre. However its expensive. The silver trim does break up the dark interior a bit, horses for courses etc

I still have wood veneer to complement my tungsten leather.... everyone tells me to get rid of it but I'M NOT LISTENING LA LA LA LA LA

is it actual carbon, or the more common textured "fisheye" stuff?

I dont like the silver trims, i think they look cheap and tacky.

is it actual carbon, or the more common textured "fisheye" stuff?

I dont like the silver trims, i think they look cheap and tacky.
Mine is fitted with the proper carbon fibre stuff out of an S4,i do prefer the c/f but think the silver trims brightens the inside up !!

I've got the silver trim. Love it to pieces!

REFURBEDSTEERINGWHEEL.jpg

that looks like the standard matt silver got a fine groove, it doesnt look like the one thats in the S4's and TQS

Fair one. I honestly thought there was only 4 types. Silver/carbon/wood/piano black.............

Yours doesnt look too bad phoenix, but i suspect that its darker than the TQS/S4 stuff as ras says more like gunmetal grey, and the cream leather makes it flow a bit better.

When its a black interior ala TQS or S4, the silver stripe looks like a tacky afterthaught.

My order of preference
1. Piano Black
2. Silver TQS/S4
3. CF
4.Wood trim (i like it, so there)
5.Fishscale
6. basic standard groove matt silver trim.

I love the Piano black stuff. I was going to remove mine and replace with some OE piano black from the dealers, but decided against it because removing all that stuff is a massive BALLACHE!! I quite like my matt silver stuff. The worst trim in the world has to be the wood stuff...It reminds me of the antiques roadshow.......

I love the Piano black stuff. I was going to remove mine and replace with some OE piano black from the dealers, but decided against it because removing all that stuff is a massive BALLACHE!! I quite like my matt silver stuff. The worst trim in the world has to be the wood stuff...It reminds me of the antiques roadshow.......
I'm leaning more towards the C/F trim as i will only have to swap the 4 door pieces onto my new door cards as suggested above the dash pieces are a pain to remove.Just spotted an S4 that had carbon around the gearstick is this standard and how easy/hard are they to get hold of ??

Carbon fibre is what I want, Sienna was looking at this being made but I guess that's died on its **** now :(

Might look at getting some made by a local guy soon.

Still, I wouldn't expect an old lady to be presenting it to a bod with a monocle and a gold tooth anytime soon..........

Henry_Sandon.jpg

It's only on the facelift cars you got the gear surround in carbon.