throttle sticking. HELP!!

S4twiggy

Fully Certified Detailer!!
Reaction score
need some advice here lads, i noticed the other day that when i was pulling away from a roundabout i came close to a car so backed off the throttle but the car kept accelerating for a second, i put it off to a mistake by me but last night i was doing the same pulling away from a roundabout but when i put the clutch in the revs just went to 7k rpm and then back to normal, im assuming there is summing stickin at some point but with the car being fly by wire i cant check summing like the throttle cable as it dont have one. has anyone experienced thier throttle sticking and anyone know what can cause this?? quite worried about this one as it could be dangerous one day if the car goes on its own.

As above Grant.

I assume its either as stated or a dodgy TB.

The codes need to be read really. Have you got VAGcom working yet?

You're driving the bright blue one with four rings on the front right mate?

http://www.toyota.co.uk/pedal-recall/index.html

Sorry, someone had to do it ;)

Rob.

EDIT: PS> Not being a d**k or anything, I know you can drive, properly - but sometimes these things are overlooked when you're taken by surprise and hurtling toward a tanker full of caustic soda (while unfortunately you've got some rather pointy ladders on your new roof rack!). If it's a real nasty one, dip clutch/select neutral and hit the brakes - I'd rather take my chances having to coast to a stop than testing out the theory of irresistible force vs. immovable object*.

*for those reading who don't know what I'm on about I recommend reading these little (brief) nuggets - it's quite interesting (do I pay royalties to Stephen Fry for using that term now?) - LINK 1 LINK 2

Last edited: