RS4 / S4 Recaro seat swap feasability

gmx

Reaction score
I have standard sport seats with electronic lumbar support only (driver side not working btw).
No heat etc.
Are they straight swap in for facelift cars?

I've heard that these recaros need to be bolted into the A4 floor or a bracket grinded off.
Some are saying straight bolt in...?
I cannot find any dedicated write up or clear post searching.

i dont know for sure, but i suspect that if they're genuine Audi recaros, they'll just bolt in, whereas if they are generic recaros then they will require messing around.

Hopefully someone else can clarify, but ive never heard of issues putting genuine RS4 seats into another S4/A4.

I've got RS4 Recaros in my pre-facelift saloon and the fronts were a straight fit.

If you are fitting into an avant the rears will go straight in too. If fitting to a saloon, you will need to get brackets made to hold the rear uprights in place (or just be lazy and use zip-ties).

I've got RS4 Recaros in my pre-facelift saloon and the fronts were a straight fit.

If you are fitting into an avant the rears will go straight in too. If fitting to a saloon, you will need to get brackets made to hold the rear uprights in place (or just be lazy and use zip-ties).

I came across your post highlighting that the avant/saloon.
Thanks so much for the clarification on the fronts!
Understood.

But I'm only going for the fronts as I don't care about the rears. Although grey alcantara fronts with standard rears may look stupid. I'm just looking to keep my butt in the damn seat taking these corners. RS4 Recaros that recently came up for sale locally look like a good easy option.
How much do they typically sell for over there?

depends on condition.
I paid £400 for two fronts

Grey alcantara? Don't think that was an option for the B5 over here in the UK, so make sure they are definitely from a B5 (and not made of Koala hide :) !).

Forgot to mention about the electrics. It will be plug and play for your facelift car if you already have electric lumbar support adjustment.

You would need a seperate loom and a climate control unit with the controls for the heating elements though. Not that you'd have much cause to use them over there.

As a guide on price for a full set, i'd expect to pay around £7-800 for a decent set of leather Recaros. Perhaps a little more for Hi-Tech. Haven't seen Alcantara over here, so can't comment.

its fully electric b5 seats that need front mount modifying (grinding off) to fit
full electric recaros will go straight in