HELP! Left indicator STUCK ON

voteforpedro

Reaction score
Yeah that's right, my left indicator is permanently on after setting the alarm. Not even blinking, just ON. If I put the hazards on the right one lights up but doesn't blink. I've armed/disarmed it for 10 minutes but it won't blink nor go off.

I guess it has something to with either the dodgy alarm wiring (it's a TOAD alarm) or the hazard/indicator relay???

Please help.. I'm going to have to feck about in the dark fixing this tonight else I'll have a flat battery in the morning...

Disconnected the battery and reconnected with and without the hazard switch in place and still the same. :(

Unplugged the wiring from the black box and the alarm doesn't trigger but still the same. The indicators still blink with the central locking though. Where is the OEM alarm?

Left the battery disconnected overnight and it seems to have cleared this morning. Not looking forward to arming it...

Now the panic is over, any ideas why this happened? It gets "stuck on" as I lock the car. The indicators blink 3 times normally but sometimes the left side (ALWAYS the left side - happened a few times now) stays on.

its hard to tell when the wirings been messed around with...

once its "stuck" try unplugging the central locking module and see if it goes off?

Maybe also inspect the wires/module for wetness?

So... I got my car back from the garage who fitted my exhaust (sounds and looks great btw, pics to follow) and the left taillight indicator has blown.

Is it possible that a dodgy bulb could cause this fault, or more likely that the problem caused the bulb to blow? Or just sheer coincidence? :)

Just had a look at the central locking pump and the foam around it is quite moist so probably got a leak somewhere... Joy.

my a4 is wet in that area too, can only be the rear window, i'm going to prise the plastic/rubber side seal off and silicone sealent all round the window hopefully should sort it

Ever sort this out? I have the same problem with the left indicator staying on (not flashing) when the car is locked.

Ever sort this out? I have the same problem with the left indicator staying on (not flashing) when the car is locked.

The OP found water where his CL pump is. Have you checked to see if yours has too?

I broke my car this week and was amazed to find quite a lot of water under the drivers seat carpet, wires worn to the copper under the carpet and also the seal around the drivers side rear light was letting a little water in too!

The OP found water where his CL pump is. Have you checked to see if yours is too?

I broke my car this week and was amazed to find quite a lot of water under the drivers seat carpet, wires worn to the copper under the carpet and also the seal around the drivers side rear light was letting a little water in too!

What do you think was the source of the water?

Ok, seen many post with owners of different audi models with this issue, couldn't find any who had resolved it. After an afternoon with the multimeter I managed to the problem so hopefully the following fix may help a few people with this issue.

The central locking, alarm, remote key receiver etc are all controlled within a combined electronic module and pump unit located in the N/S side cupboard in the boot, it's wrapped in foam and positioned between the rear light cluster and sub.

When you lock the car with the remote key fob there is a separate feed from this unit via a relay to the indicators that blinks twice when the car is locked. This relay sticking is what was causing the problem leaving the indicator bulbs lit constantly with the car locked. The relay needed to be changed.

Heres the unit:

image_zpsa651dbfc.jpg

Remove the grey top cover:

image_zpscfc94cd1.jpg

Gently lever the pcb out:

image_zpsad0ece63.jpg

The relay for the indicator flash is the square middle bottom one, marked with part number: V23072-C1056-A108.
The relay is soldered onto the Pcb with 5 legs, easy to change if you have basic soldering skills.
This relay is an old part number now, you can also use V23072-C1059-A208 or V23072-C1061-A208 or V23072-C1061-A408.

After changing the relay all is good. The alternative is to buy a whole new pump / alarm module which I was quoted just shy of £300 for!

Reactions: AdamL