removing service light

S4twiggy

Fully Certified Detailer!!
Reaction score
next week i shall be doing a service on my car myself as funds are low. im just wondering how i remove the service reminder that comes up on the DIS, is it done with vagcom? do i need the rosstech vagcom to do it as i only have the demo version i think?

yeah id like to know this too, i found some instructions on the net to remove the service reminder but never worked, pull and hold speedo reset and turn key push this and that, what a load of tosh

Me too, as I have just changed the oil and my oil service light has just started flashing!

the push this pull that instructions should work on 98ish on cars, but i always end up just altering clock when i try from memory

vagcom
http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/audi_sri.html

you can adjust length of time aswell, my oil light is now set at 5k so its when i want to change oil not when audi say it should be done

Just to confirm though, do you need the full version of VAGCOM to do this or can it be done in the 'demo' version?

Yes the demo version will just scan and show the results, it doesn't allow you to actually do anything.
The push pull technique definately works on B6 A4's but definately not on my 97 plate.

i shall be getting rosstech vagcom soon then, just wish i had someone to teach me the ropes on it.

Grant, you should have mentioned it to Rob, he could have done it on VAGcom . Any facelift car should be able to be reset via the dash knobs. My 98 was dash resettable.

I can't do mine the way it tells you in the book. Not sure if it's because mine is facelift with a digi clock?

Hmmm I am sure there is a date from which service lights/displays can be end user reset.

Mine reset via the knobs, it must be because i have a half baked facelift car,lol

Mine is only on a v plate so you would think it would be more likley to have the analouge clock. I need to get a vag com lead as it flashes up service every time I start it now.

So how do you reset it manually via the buttons/knobs? Mine is a late 98 so I would like to give it a go, but don't know how? I havn't got the manual (if it explains it in there?)......

Thankyou you very much my good man!-Will try tomorrow on my pre-facelift and report......

Hmmm I am sure there is a date from which service lights/displays can be end user reset.

Mine reset via the knobs, it must be because i have a half baked facelift car,lol

i reckon it would be at the same point they switched to immo 2 and got new clusters post 98ish

not sure about the later digi clock ones though

immo2 didnt happen until mid 99

97-99 cars still have immo1, its just integrated into the dash cluster rather than a seperate box.

Grant, you should have mentioned it to Rob, he could have done it on VAGcom . Any facelift car should be able to be reset via the dash knobs. My 98 was dash resettable.

forgot to mention it mate, only realised when i got home and saw my service stuff ready for me to do it on the weekend.

immo2 didnt happen until mid 99

97-99 cars still have immo1, its just integrated into the dash cluster rather than a seperate box.

think your wrong on this one although my point is 'if your immo is built into cluster then you can reset service reminders'

all the pre 98 cars with seperate box ive coded have needed a new write once only megamos 13 transponder

the post 98 ones use a crypto 48 transponder and are reuseable so must be a different immobiliser?

Ye, they changed to variable code transponders, but its still immo1.

The details are in ETKA, it mentioned "fixed code" and "variable code" transponders under the immo1 section, and says immo2 comes in mid 99 and immo3 comes in mid 00.