Various modification questions?????

Paul McCleary

Reaction score
Hi all, Newbie here!

I have purchased Billybravos old Green A4 to use as a bit of a fun road car/trackday toy with the intention of adding to the modification list.
Having given it the once over, I am putting some bigger brakes on it as the standard ones are pants!
I'm binning the K03 in favour of a modded T3 with external wastegate and I'm sorting the seat mountings out to make them scrutineer proof.

My questions are:
Does anyone sell a bolt in rollcage for the A4 B5?? I've googled it but found nothing.

Can the FWD A4 be converted to Quattro? It was mentioned to me that Audi made all the body shells to Quattro spec to keep build costs down.

Does anyone know the Bosch part number for 440cc injectors for the 1.8t, and can anyone suggest a cheap supplier?

Did any of the A4 variants come with a front or rear LSD?

Sorry for all the nOOb questions.

Paul.:icon_thumright:

I

hi mate

I'm sure i found a cage at CustomCages, not sure if its bolt in though.

B5 FWD's are not the same as quattros unfortunately. The later models are, and jsut need a different rear subframe fitted.

I would look at the injectors from a Vauxhall C20LET (calibra turbo) which are 340cc at 3bar (which will give you 390cc at the stock 4bar the AEB uses) or the injectors from an Astra VXR (Z20LEH) which are 470cc at 3bar and just over 540cc at 4bar and both are available cheaply on ebay etc and should provide plenty of fuel for a T3.

No standard A4 came with an LSD, bar the Torsen centre diff in the quattro models.

Thanks for the replies.:cool:

Good news on the injector front as I can get my hands on some VXR injectors easily.

Shame about not being able to Quattro the A4, I'll just have to live with the wheelspin.

I've ping'd Custom Cages an email asking them if they do a bolt in cage for the A4. I'll post up any info if they do.

Many thanks.

Paul.:icon_thumright: