Hello!

SteVR

Reaction score
Just thought I would say hello. I picked up a silver '00 1.8T sport saloon at the begining of the year for the bargain price of £1700, full leather with FASH (and already remaped after hooking a boost gauge up .. bonus). I have been sorting a few bits out as it needed a little tlc. So far:
- fitted new disks all round with red stuff pads,
- replaced the rear bearings'
- 710N valve,
- new interior mats,
- 18 RS4 wheels to replace the horrible 16" fox items,
- stewart warner boost gauge in a podi gauge holder (from Canada)
A good clean and clay, fresh mot and will be carring out a full service this weekend.(pics soon)
Next job is to fit my becker head unit and replace the rear speakers. Then a little lowering will be in order.
This car will be built on a budget due to impending house purchase but I have a few plans for the future.
I know there's a newbie section but tbh i dont use any other section than the B5 forum.
Cheers
Steve

Last edited:
Welcome dude :) Car sounds nice, need some pictures for sure! Those Becker HUs are supposed to be awesome, aren't they?

most becker kit is really nice. i love the basic/sensible look of their headunits rather than the garish crap people like to stick in cars nowadays

most becker kit is really nice. i love the basic/sensible look of their headunits rather than the garish crap people like to stick in cars nowadays

yeah its a great unit, built in handsfree too which is a bonus.
Does anyone know which iso lead adaptor I need? it has amplified rear speakers but I was planing on running some new cables to the rear speakers.

I'll try and get some pics up soon.

Hi sound like me 2 year old and anothre due in 4 weeks doing it on a shoe string i was quite lucky i paid 800 for my 1.8t silver avant 98 but a few bits makes it your own i know love it