Audi 8x18 swing alloys

BigBen

Reaction score
Hi just swapped from golf to a4 avant so a bit green on the Audi's still.

I wanted to upgrade the 16" on my avant 1.8T to the 8x18 a8 sport wheels (swing 4D0601025F-Z17) I can't find any info on the offset of this rim??

I have been offered it wearing 235x45x18

A: will it fit without fouling
B: will the gearing be ou miles

Thanks in advance
Ben

Tyres are too big, you'll need 225/40 or 235/40's

The offset is something like et48, so you may need spacers as most people run et38 or so on 8" wide wheels to get clearance on the insides

I had ET35 8x18" with 235/40/18 Michelin PS2's and they just cleared the uprights by about 3mm.
235/45 will foul

Thanks for that info, very helpful but disappointing. Whatare they worth? I might still but and sell on :icon_thumright:

I have 15's on the back and 10's on the front to stop any rubbing on my 18's.

The wheels will fit without a problem, but like everyone has already said, the tyres are too big.

215 or 225/40's are fairly cheap and easy to get hold of though.

Yeah have priced tyres budget premium which i unsure about always run toyo on my dubs? What effect will 18" have on the handling? Currently it has sport pack suspension and turns in surprisingly well for standard car.

Still interested to know what a mint set of these with almost new 235x45x18 are worth on here?

Well, with those tyres, they're not worth anything!

I've bought a couple of sets recently, both for £150 each. I've then sold them on after smartening them up, putting tyres on and using them for about the £500 mark.

I've also seen sets for sale for £600 with the correct size rubber on... so it's whether they are in top condition, got good tyres on, etc.

they will foul on that offset, but they shouldl be fine if you run them with spacers

I have ET24 8.5x18's on now. I run 235/40 on them now but previously ran 245/40's without issue (well I shoudl say without issue of fouling the upright! arches have been rolled! but that is mainly an offset issue)

what wheels are they, couldn't find any pics with that name or part number?

oo....I quite like those.
ET what?