My wheels, Ronal Boleros. Some information please!

heymynameismark

Cool beans.
Reaction score
Hey guys/girls.

My wheels, Ronal Boleros...

See here:

4378586099_af033605ea_o.jpg

I'm trying to find out which model they're from. They're 17", so not the QTS wheels as listed by VAG, as they are 16". They're not the A8 Boleros as they are 18".

I searched for the wheels via the centre cap part number and I've manage to track down some listed 17x8" Boleros that are listed for the A6/S6/Quattro '96 onward.0

Would this be right? :)

Thanks,
Mark.

Yes mate, they came as standard on some a6 quattros and few s6 quattros both c4 and c5 models. They were also offered as an option to the TQS and audi a4 v6 tdi quattro with the full Votex factory fitted bodykit from 98 on... Also the 18" on the a8 were optional, they came with 17" as standard... They're good looking rims.

about one of the only wheels id bother sticking on my S4

Lovely wheels... I saw some 18" with 2 good tyres go for £120 last year in good condition... They were in Manchester though and I was in Cardiff at the time. :(

I've got them on my TQS and they are 17s. Don't know if they were bought as an extra when new though, but they are on now and they're al mine :eyebrows:

I'm confused with these wheel sizes. ie 17x7 etc. Can someone explain in very plain english? I think it is the depth of the wheel but not sure. :confused:

As far as I know standard fit on the 1.8t quattro anyway. I sold mine to get some avus s4 wheels.

They are ET45 mark ;)

The offset describes the distance between the hub mounting face, and the centreline of the rim. An offset of 0 would mean the hub face is exactly on the centreline, an offset of 45 means the mounting face is 45mm towards the face of the wheel. A lower offset makes the wheel "stick out" more.

The link i posted is to the part number of my Boleros, 8D0601025Q, which came off a 1.8TQS A4.

The part number for the centre cap i provided also matches to ones fitted to my boleros.

Maybe you have the wrong centre caps?

Why not pull a rim off and read the part number off the inside?

My mistake, I was thinking of these:

0026.jpg

Similar but 7 spoke, not 10. They're 18x8" apparently from an A8.

MEH !
I was close.LOL

Couldnt be bothered to go and look and used a reandon number for example.

They are ET45 mark ;)

The offset describes the distance between the hub mounting face, and the centreline of the rim. An offset of 0 would mean the hub face is exactly on the centreline, an offset of 45 means the mounting face is 45mm towards the face of the wheel. A lower offset makes the wheel "stick out" more.

i no this is an oldish thread, i recently got my self a set of the a8 alloys for my a4, there 24/45/ 18 inch, but for the life of me i need to no what i can do to get them to fit, i mean i no i would need spacers to get them to et35 so they dont rub, but wasnt sure if it was better to get a lower depth tyre to avoid them rubbing, i dont think i will need spacers on the back as the suspension set up is different. can any one guide me on what i should do.

cheers

chris

What exact wheel to you have?

It might be better posting a new thread, with the details of your new wheels (diameter, width, offset and tyre size).

If you mean the A8 wheels pictured above, i suspect you'll just have to install some A4 sized tyres (225/40r18 would be a good start) and bolt them on.

the wheels i have on my A4 are identical to the ones in the op 1st post but there defo 17x8 et45 so what model did these wheels come off?

cheers for the help, they are an a8 option off a 2002 sport, they are 18 inch ronal boleros, with part number on the back 8jx18h2et48-- thats the number on the back anyways also said made in germany, ronal lwf.
i think the tyres wont be a problem as they are going to be rubbing on the edge of the tyres, i think they need spacers on the front, but the back i dont think will be a problem, suppose theres one way to find out and thats to put them on, im in 2 minds to keep them or sell them and just get some alloys that where made to fit the a4, they are lovely looking alloys though and wil fit the arch of the a4

10mm spacer will bring them out to ET38 which is a pretty nice offset for 8J's on an A4. At ET48 they'll look a little bit "sunken"

The A8 sized tyres are quite likely to be OTT though.

true, if the tyres are currantly 245/45 r 18, do you recon i should change them to 245/35 r 18 so they arnt as thick. And do you recon it would be spacers on the front and back

cheers

Just change them to 225/40/18. 245 is too big really plus they`ll be expensive compared to 225/40

Last edited by a moderator:
oh i see, i diddent understand the 225 park, i thought that was the width of the rim for the tyre if you no what i mean, im pretty **** at this tyre lark, cheers for that mate