Any ideas where to get an armrest?

Bushen

Driving with style
Reaction score
Hey guys just bought myself an audi a4 1.8t in black with grey leather interior...1997.....any ideas where i can get a front armrest for it??

Scrap yard or ebay, as you cannot get them from the dealer any more.

Ok thanks B5NUT....been looking on ebay but they dont seem the right ones for it, Cheers

yeh ebay is littered with cheap tat knockoffs. They do pop up from time to time though, you just need to filter thru the crap.

I have seen some cheap (£30 ish) armrests from Germany lately on ebay which look a good replica and mounts in the same way as the normal armrest. Not sure about quality though.

Other "generic" armrests won't mount in the same way - you would probably have to screw them to your centre console. :p

I'm sure there's an armrest in my local scrappers in Grimsby. I can wrench it out of you if you want it. Not sure what they'd charge me for it though as it can depend who's on duty. Sometimes they're reasonable, other times I feel like I've had my leg lifted...

That eBay one looks genuine though... and a good price!

So the one that voteforpedro put the link up for is pretty much the genuine is it?? trying to get that in grey leather could be fun??!

I'm not 100% sure it's genuine... my armrest has a semi-square end, where are this one is completely rounded.

no its not genuine but half the price of a used genuine one so might be worth a try

Yeh i suspect it would be half the price of the genuine...trying to find a genuine could be difficult....how do you the think the ebay one fits? onto the back of the driver seat? Also guys you reckon a black leather one would look ok with the grey leather interior ive got as i cant find a grey leather one anywhere??

You can always colour it... pretty straight forward for a small item like that...

How you mean colour it?? what replace the leather or is their a leather dye kit which would dye the black to a grey??

alternatively if you cant find leather lid, you could find a matching piece of leather and retrim the cloth lid. Luckily i managed to do this without taking off the cloth and tucked it in.

the ebay one is very good quality. bought one in january and it fits very well. only difference i could see to original is the rounded end and it isnt removable from the bracket once in!
was an excelent buy at £51.00 delivered and arrrived in 2 days too. for fitting had to cut the hole for the armrest and mount bracket to armrest through the center console. before mounting the center console back in place. but used the 3 existing mounting bolts on the transmision tunnel to bolt to!
excellent value for money when none can be sourced.
and yes its carpeted inside too lol.
HTH.

Ok Guys thanks very much for all your comments....very very helpful....Cheers