Power steering oil

Nitro

Reaction score
When checking the level do you twist the cap closed then open and check level ? Also is it worth changing the oil, if so how do you do it and bleed the system back up. how much is needed to do a change and when it says mineral oil is that 06161 - synthetic (green)

apparently 1.1L according to elsawin on a V6

measure the level from the dip stick being screwed in.

definately worth chaning the fluid on cars as old as ours, for the sake of the seals in the pas rack.

to drain, pull a hose off the pas cooler, then ill drain. steer the wheels with the car raised to push fluid out

then fill. steer wheels with the car raised to bleed the air back to the tank. may need to add more fluid. steer it left to right 10 times

start the engine, steer it again 10 times and all should be well with the world

i just used the vw/audi stuff.

i cant be ***** trying to decipher what the fluid is and trying to find an aftermarket item, esp when the OE stuff costs pennies

get 2L so you can flush some old stuff out

as for the 2.8, its probably the same as the 2.7, it runs in front of the rad. a metal bar

Aye the cooler is the same on all of them. Just looks like a loop of pipe in front of the radiator. If you drain it, its probably a good idea to remove the clips and replace them with jubilees if they're leaking (which they invariably will be!)

I tend to use the factors if i can, its much closer being a 2min drive rather than 20-30mins to get to VW or an hour to get to Audi. Hell i've walked to the factors before!

Plus you dont need to decipher it, i've just told you what it is :thumbsup: