Audi seats?

rob v6

Learning the VAG way
Reaction score
Looking at getting some different seats for the audi but will only b5 seats fit or can i put b6 or b7 or even b8 seats in.

Most seats will fit if you've got the time, know-how and/or money.

I've seen one guy on here fit B6 Recaros into his B5 and there are a few people who have fit the B7 Recaros too. Takes some fancy welding and you'd need to butcher both sets of seats to swap the subframes over. That is for the fronts only, not sure how much luck you'd have with the rears.

B5 seats would obviously be a straight swap.

most seats fit but the task can become massiv (once fitted rs recaros in my 2 litre 65 beetle many moons ago HAD BRACKETS MADE )

To answer your question a bit better. Only b5 seats will be a straight swap for your's. And you also have to be careful with the year of car the donor seats come from, as Audi changed the seat fixings in the rear during the production run.

Just bought two Recaro front seats from an rs2000. Will be welding the a4 subframes on soon. Hope it works!

good luck with it :icon_thumright:

i've got to try and get a brand new Mondeo rear bench seat into the front of a Mk1 VW Caddy at some point... thats going to be a interesting one :tocktock:

It's unlikely seats from newer cars will fit as they mount and slide completely differently... Look on eBay for an idea. Also Mk4 Golf et al use the "newer" type. The way our seats mount is a throw back to the 70s... Mk1 Golf seats mount in exactly the same way. :p

I believe B5 Passat front seats are a direct swap as they mount in much the same way, if you want something a little different.

just want some different seats that do not stain when they see water

i'm looking to change my drivers seat but findin it so hard to find one with the colour fleck on them. i caught the bolster s i go in wth my jeans so you can guess how ****** of i am now