EM TuningChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

Passenger window has mind of its own!

Hi all,

Am owner of an a4 2.5 tdi S reg, which I have had for a few months now and have a bit of an issue whereby I park and lock the car and return to find the passenger window fully open.

Now this has happened twice and both times in busy areas. Once in shopping centre car park and other at a busy garage near town.

At first I thought it was me keeping my finger on the unlock button but if I do that it unlocks and both front windows open. Not sure what is happening and wondering if I should just diconnect the passenger window electrics.

Bit worrying to leave your car and come back later to find a window fully open.

Anyone had the same or know of anything similar?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

2. # ADS
    ADS

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    Clutching at straws, but perhaps theres some dampness in/around the central locking pump causing it to act oddly?

As you say though, the signal from the locking ecu goes to all four windows, so it seems strange to me.

I've just had a look at the diagram, and it seems that the window motor itself contains an "ECU" of sorts. This recieves a feed from the ignition switch, as well as a permenant live, and then recieves the signals from the window switches, and the central locking ECU. Perhpas there is something wrong with this?

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi All I have had this problem twice myself!
    Now i won't walk away from the car after locking it until i have checked the windows
    Both times it happened to me it was raining heavily
    and i am guessing that when you open the drivers door to get out a small bit of rain water seeps into
    the switch?
    just my guess?
    Nev...

6th Gear

Status
    Mine's done it as well but I only had the drivers side window down about 2". I know it was up when I walked away from the car but the following morning it had dropped. Did it about 4 times but then never repeated it. Very odd

Life begins at 140mph
    Sell my Audi??? Kiss my rings!
    www.passionford.com